Background

Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 22--Really? That went fast!

I can't believe it's been 22 days of being wheat free already!  Kev and I even survived a trip to Atlanta with no wheat!  I was looking forward to trying a gluten free hot dog at Turner Field (who doesn't love a good ballpark dog?) but I couldn't even begin to make myself get one as I was STUFFED from the veggie taco I had for dinner.  Make that 1/2 of a veggie taco.  I couldn't believe how full I was!  We also did have some tortilla chips and queso before our main course but still!  That is something I have to get used to.  I'm used to eating an entire platter-ful of food and rolling out the door.  We did a lot of walking on that trip too.  We were just down the street from food and coffee and enjoyed the crisp, cool air and the exercise.  I told him this might just be the first trip we've ever taken where we actually lose weight!  I think that being wheat-free actually made our trip more enjoyable because I always want to try local restaurants but Kev just isn't that adventurous.  Most of the local places were the ones that had gluten free items.  We had the BEST pizza at Blue Moon Pizza in Buckhead.  I would LOVE their recipe for crust.  You would have never known it didn't contain wheat.  It was crispy and perfect.  I wish we had one here in Knoxville!  


I guess I haven't been updating the blog much because I felt like I would just be saying the same thing over and over again.  I still have energy throughout the day and I'm not snackign all the time.  I did have a day, recently, when I did feel like snacking so I don't know what that was about but for the most part, I'm doing well on it.  I just wish I would see a difference in my clothes or on the scale.  I'm not really discouraged by that though because I feel so great.  It's worth it for that reason alone.  


I spread out 4 bales of straw (wheat straw) yesterday to cover grass seed for our dirt patch...oops, I mean backyard!  I started sneezing a bit while spreading it and today I have been absolutely miserable.  I take Allegra every night and haven't had any flare ups this entire summer until dealing with the wheat straw.  Coincidence?  I think not.  Just an interesting observation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment